cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Director EOL

ljones
Level 1
Level 1

What will the Unix Director do with information if a sensor has been updated (signature update)after 12/31/03?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to configure the new alarms thorugh nrConfigure since it pulls the information from the sensor's configurations rather than the director.

It is just that the new alarms may show up as numbers instead of names in the HP OpenView window, and will not be avialable in the NSDB on the director. (They will be in the NSDB on the sensor itself that can be accessed through IDM).

I highly recommend upgrading to VMS for the configuration management, and upgrading to version 4.x sensors.

The version 3.x sensors will stop receiving signature updates early next year (February I think).

If the director updates do stop at the end of the this month there will only be a couple months of additional updates on the sensors.

As a side note:

Other users have asked that the director updates be extended for as long as the version 3.x signature updates are released (until February I believe).

Management is considering this option,but no promises.

View solution in original post

csailer
Level 1
Level 1

Management has decided to extend the EOL of signature update support for Unix Director to coincide with the EOL of IDS 3.1 signature updates. Currently signature updates for 3.1 will end on February 28th 2004.

--Chad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to configure the new alarms thorugh nrConfigure since it pulls the information from the sensor's configurations rather than the director.

It is just that the new alarms may show up as numbers instead of names in the HP OpenView window, and will not be avialable in the NSDB on the director. (They will be in the NSDB on the sensor itself that can be accessed through IDM).

I highly recommend upgrading to VMS for the configuration management, and upgrading to version 4.x sensors.

The version 3.x sensors will stop receiving signature updates early next year (February I think).

If the director updates do stop at the end of the this month there will only be a couple months of additional updates on the sensors.

As a side note:

Other users have asked that the director updates be extended for as long as the version 3.x signature updates are released (until February I believe).

Management is considering this option,but no promises.

csailer
Level 1
Level 1

Management has decided to extend the EOL of signature update support for Unix Director to coincide with the EOL of IDS 3.1 signature updates. Currently signature updates for 3.1 will end on February 28th 2004.

--Chad

Thanks for all the information! Will there been a bullentin released regarding the extension of the EOL?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: