cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable the wireless network card upon connection.

bruce_sprenger
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone done the following, if so can you provide some insite on how to do it and how well it works....If wireless networking is not being used in the organization, it is possible for CSA to disable

the wireless network card when it is connected to the corporate network. I'm assuming by using the system

state variable with the rule, you can allow laptop users the ability to use wireless when they are

not connected to the corporate network.

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

You cannot disable the wireless adapter but you can deny any traffic using a system state.

The system state "Ethernet Active" can be used with a NAC rule to prevent any wireless traffic.

Tom

I dont' see a system state "ethernet active" do I create this? I'm on CSA version 5.1.0.103. I have a system state called network which has the description of All users who are logged on via a network connection. Is that the same thing you mean? Then how do I create the rule? I get to where I have a NAC rule but I'm not for sure what to choose after that.

Sorry about that, 5.1 doesn't have it.

I was referring to 5.2.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: