Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Xauth on VPN3000

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have a situation where I need to swap out a PIX configured for IPSEC VPN with simple vpngroup and no xauth, there are approx 180 remote vpn clients.

I need to swap this out for a VPN3000 (proof of concept testing) and need to know if it is possible to disable xauth on this platform? Basically I just want to use a group name and password for authenticating the remote users.

I dont want to have to use an external authentication server as this is not a permanent solution.

The production end user are not the smartest and would almost definately get confused when the xauth box pops up, even though I could config one username for the entire setup.

Can this be done?

Cheers,

LR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

it's good to learn that your issue has been resolved.

according to cisco,

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

try disable authentication for the remote vpn group.

go configuration > user management > groups > ipsec, select "none" for the option "authentication"

HI,

Missed that one, works a charm thanks!

LR

it's good to learn that your issue has been resolved.

according to cisco,

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.