Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling RIP on NetRangr Director?

hpschupp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all -

Our comms group turned off RIP at the routers yesterday and our IDS system started dropping. The Director was unable to communicate. I looked over the configuration files on both the Director and the Oracle DB servers and saw that RIP was running on both (but not on the sensors).

I am not strong enough (just enough to be dangerous kind of thing..) on Unix to know for certain what I should be looking for in order to turn off RIP.

The gateways; hosts; resolv.conf; and nsswitch files all seem to be set up properly according to what I have read so far. From that reading I think that all I need to so is add the line NORIP to the gateways file. Is this correct? Thanks much for your assistance.

Henry Schupp

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Your question is not too clear. If your issue is that Director and Sensors are not able to commmunicate, it could simply be due to routing issues or a number of other factors such as the director hostname configured on sensor is incorrect or the wrong case, you are running into some bug (Version 2.2.0 has a number of problems there) or there are roblems with Semaphore parameters. In addition to performing these checks, please refer to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5052/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800d9243

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: