Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Router Services

Router 1801 w/ ADSL connection (see attached config). I have applied the following to the A0 interface:

no ip address

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

Do these settings also need to be applied to A01 & Dialer0 also?

I would appreciate any comments as to this configuration.

Regards

7 REPLIES

Re: Disabling Router Services

Hi Mike

Are you facing any problems in getting connected with your current configuration ?

Dialer0 is binded to ATM interface so that it can negotiate the PPP/LCP with the SPs NAS or access server and recieve an ip to get you to the outside world.

regds

Hi,

The commands needs to be applied on ip terminating interfaces . There would not be any use applying in interfaces which donot have ip as the L2 frames are sent via the interface rather than a ip packet .

So the commands must be applied on the dialer interfaces to take effect.

Hope this helps.

regards

vanesh k

Hi Vanesh

You shouldn't apply no ip address command instead you need to have ip address negotiated to receive the ip from the SP.

regds

Hi Edwin,

I think " ip address negotiated " is given under the dialer . As the dialer is binded with the ATM , there may not be a requirement for ip address in ATM.

Pls correct me if iam wrong

regards

vanesh k

Hi Edwin,

Is that you mean to say with the " no ip address " in the top that is mentioned .Fine this should not be added to dialer , other should be added to dialer to take effect.

Thanx for mentioning the same.

regards

vanesh k

Thanks for your advice. I will apply the commands to the dialer, except th no ip address, & see if it has any effects on my connectivity. The end result is better security on my router.

Regards

Hi

Many thanks for your input.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content