Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DMVPN ping issue

I have a DMVPN network,currently I ran into a strange issue.For example

other network --HUB---(GRE+IPSec)----[Spoke1 router--primary router]

spoke and primary router are in the same site.All three run BGP,Hub in 65000,spoke and primary in 65001.Currently spoke and primary router have all the routing infor towards other network.I can go everywhere I want from spoke router.But from primary router I can't ping hub router's tunnnel ip,of couse I can't go to HUB site and other network from primary router.

In fact I have other spokes,and I can ping their tunnel IP from primary router.

The point is I can't ping hub's tunnel ip from it.

Who can help me solve this strange issue?Great thanks to all of you.

Note:I also confige the hub router as a DMVPN spoke of another DMVPN network.

litouch

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: DMVPN ping issue

The dynamic IP routing protocol running on the hub router can be configured to reflect the routes learned from one spoke back out the same interface to all of the other spokes, but the IP next-hop on these routes will usually be the hub router, not the spoke router from which the hub learned this route.

Note: The dynamic routing protocol only runs on the hub and spoke links, it does not run on the dynamic spoke-to-spoke links.

The dynamic routing protocols (RIP, OSPF and EIGRP) need to be configured on the hub router to advertise the routes back out the mGRE tunnel interface and to set the IP next-hop to the originating spoke router for routes learned from one spoke when the route is advertised back out to the other spokes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_white_paper09186a008018983e.shtml#dmvpn

Views
Helpful
Replies