Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMVPN with two ISPs

Has anyone tried this? I have two 1811 routers with dual ethernet interfaces. All 4 of these interfaces go to different ISPs. I want one router as a hub and one router as a spoke. I would like the DMVPN network to be completely meshed so that if one hub and one spoke interface should fail, there is still a vpn connection.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: DMVPN with two ISPs

For the NAT-Transparency Aware enhancement to work, you must use IPSec transport mode on the transform set. Also, even though NAT-Transparency (IKE and IPSec) can support two peers (IKE and IPSec) being translated to the same IP address (using the User Datagram Protocol [UDP] ports to differentiate them [this would be Peer Address Translation]), this functionality is not supported for DMVPN. All DMVPN spokes must have a unique IP address after they have been NAT translated. They can have the same IP address before they are NAT translated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080110ba1.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content