Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

documents on VPN thru PIX

i need to setup VPN connection in between clients behind pix 515 and remote firewalls(which could be netscreen, ISA, sonicwall & nokia). what are the prerequisite & any good documents on the cisco site for the same. In my scenario there will be a VPN tunnel, VPN clients connecting & mobile users. My link is 512KB leased line, using 1700 router. This line is also used for browsing the internet

any help on this setup would be appreciated

thanks & regards

sk

3 REPLIES

Re: documents on VPN thru PIX

You are going to be limited to the fuctionality of the Terminating device (ie Netscreen, ISA, Sonicwall etc) these would have to support UDP/TCP IPSec encapsulation (if using IPSec) or you will have to have one to one static mappings Your Pix (public - private) for each host that you need to connect to the other firewalls. The other option could be to set up Lan to Lans to the firewalls that your users need access to as there should not be a problem that I can see with the products you have described (with the exception of the ISA as I dont know for sure). You could make this more secure by disabling "sysopt connection permit-ipsec" so that you are still using the firewall as a firewall and not allowing all VPN traffic into your network.

Hopefully this helps,

Regards,

Jason

"set up Lan to Lans to the firewalls" ? can you explain me what does it means

thanks

shoeb

This means to build a VPN tunnel between your Pix firewall and the other end VPN device. Then your clients will not need any VPN client to access the resources as all this is taken care of by your Pix.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content