cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

double characters in command line text

skeever
Level 1
Level 1

Sirs, I have a question about a Pix 515e firewall. This device has the Firewall version 6.2(2), and Device Mgr version 2.1(1), from show version command. It is on an Nt network with about 30 users. I telnet to it and connect on the inside interface. After the user verification password, I type in "enable" at the prompt to get into the config, but the text looks like "eennaabbllee". The command will work, and when I type in the password, it has asterisks in between each letter. It also works and I can get in, but then I type "show" commands, and they are all double letters also. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks, Sam

2 Replies 2

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

hello sam

Make sure you dont echo typed characters locally on your hyperterminal. The text might looks like the one given above, if this option is enabled. On the hyperterminal go to file -> property -> settings -> ascii setup and uncheck "Echo typed Characters locally" and then try.

if you are doing a normal telnet from the command prompt, go to the settings and change this.

Let us know if htis solves.

Raj

I am using the normal telnet app - Start, run, cmd, telnet . I checked the Hyperterminal properties, that setting is disabled; but I'm not using it and did not see any settings similar in the command prompt window under properties...