Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade IOS in pix515 from 7.0 to 6.3

HI

I have two pix 515 firewall . one is 7.0 and another is 6.3. now i want downgrade ios in pix firewall from 7.0 to 6.3. for this i want first time copy 6.3 ios by TFTP from pix 515 6.3 and then upgrade through tftp to in pix frewall where version is 7.1.

can i do it and activation key is same for this and procedure is ok ????.

thanks

Biplob

2 REPLIES

Re: downgrade IOS in pix515 from 7.0 to 6.3

Hi,

A PIX downgrade is not possible from the monitor prompt. The downgrade command must be used from a running PIX Security appliance Version 7.0 image to perform the downgrade

If the PIX had previously been upgraded from a PIX Version 6.3 version, the 4-tuple activation key is stored in Flash and does not need to be reentered. Even if the PIX Security appliance Version 7.0 code license had been subsequently updated using a 5-tuple activation key, the 4-tuple key is still saved.

You have to use the show activation-key command to display the current activation key

To perform a downgrade to a PIX Version 6.3 image, use the downgrade command from a running PIX Security appliance Version 7.0 image as follows:

downgrade [/noconfirm] [activation-key (flash|file|<4-part-actkey>)] [config

]

Refer to link for details of downgrading procedure- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_upgrade_guides09186a0080369ee2.html#wp1810347

Kindly let me know if it helps and rate this post.

Re: downgrade IOS in pix515 from 7.0 to 6.3

HI

Thanks. i done this .

thanks

biplob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content