Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Downgrade PIX from 7.X to 6.3

I have a brand new PIX-515E, which was delivered with R7.X. Nevertheless, I have to downgrade the pix to R6.3.

This seems to be a problem, because with the downgrade command I have to enter a 4-tuple activation key. But I do not have one, because I´am not upgrading from 6.3. I only have a 5-tuple key ...?

How can I downgrade to 6.3 without loosing my features provided by the 5-tuple key?

Thanks in advance

Edgar

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Downgrade PIX from 7.X to 6.3

follow the url www.cisco.com/go/license and "PIX Firewall 3DES/AES License Registration".

register with the pix serial number. an email will be sent to you with the four-tuple key. to login, a cco login as well as a valid smartnet contract may be required.

otherwise, email licensing@cisco.com directly.

Hi Edgar,

contact licensing@cisco.com with the details of your PIX including a show version so they can see the features and serial number. They should then provide you with an appropriate 4 tuple number.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks to all. First I will test the way to receive

a des/3des license (even the pix still has such a license) and hope to receive a 4-tuple key.

If this doesn´t work, I will send a mail to licensing@cisco.com.

Thanks

Edgar

Views
Helpful
Replies