cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade PIX from 7.X to 6.3

edgar.reinke
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new PIX-515E, which was delivered with R7.X. Nevertheless, I have to downgrade the pix to R6.3.

This seems to be a problem, because with the downgrade command I have to enter a 4-tuple activation key. But I do not have one, because I´am not upgrading from 6.3. I only have a 5-tuple key ...?

How can I downgrade to 6.3 without loosing my features provided by the 5-tuple key?

Thanks in advance

Edgar

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

follow the url www.cisco.com/go/license and "PIX Firewall 3DES/AES License Registration".

register with the pix serial number. an email will be sent to you with the four-tuple key. to login, a cco login as well as a valid smartnet contract may be required.

otherwise, email licensing@cisco.com directly.

turnbull
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edgar,

contact licensing@cisco.com with the details of your PIX including a show version so they can see the features and serial number. They should then provide you with an appropriate 4 tuple number.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks to all. First I will test the way to receive

a des/3des license (even the pix still has such a license) and hope to receive a 4-tuple key.

If this doesn´t work, I will send a mail to licensing@cisco.com.

Thanks

Edgar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card