cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading software from PIX to TFTP server

mitchen
Level 2
Level 2

I know on a router I can copy the software currently stored on the router's flash to my TFTP server by using the command copy flash tftp.

But is it possible to copy the software thats currently on my PIX to a TFTP server? If so, what are the commands to use?

The reason I ask is that we don't currently have local copies of our PIX/router software so I was wanting to make sure we had a library of all software in use (for recovery purposes, etc)

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

A query similar to your requirement and the answer is you cant..

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=Firewalling&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd9f0a1

but usnig write command you can backup ur config to an external tftp server..

regds

Hi,

Ok, thanks for the response. Thats what I feared! Will try to make sure we store software versions locally from now on aswell as installing them on the devices!

Thanks,

Neil

providing there is a smartnet with the pix (i.e. cisco service agreement warranty thing), you can download the image from cisco.com

Hi Jakko,

unfortunately the particular version of software 6.3(3) doesn't seem to be available in the Download Center anymore though.

Neil

in that case, you can open a case with the cisco tac requesting the image.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card