Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DSL/Remote location.

I am new to IT so bear with me. I need to know what hardware is needed to use DSL at my remote maintenance stations. I will be using Cisco 3000 VPN.

I don't want the user to be able to browse outside of VPN. Browsing is restricted when using VPN(adult sites,etc.). What type of router should I use for 10 users or less that will be programable to not allow browsing outside of VPN?

Steve

2 REPLIES

Re: DSL/Remote location.

If the ISP gives you anything that can be plugged into an Ethernet card I would go with a 3002 VPN Hardware client and not a router. It can be done with a router as well but I just like the 3002s for these types of scenarios. If you want to make it a router almost any router Cisco has might to the trick. You need to be a little more specific on what you have from the ISP to narrrow it down and also how mcuh you can spend on it.

Bronze

Re: DSL/Remote location.

Hi,

You can use ALL tunneling (as opposed to Split tunneling), and can use any of the following HW at the remote site to connect to your VPN3000 as the head-end:

1 - PIX-501 (cheapest)

2 - VPN3002 HW client

3- C806 router

Thanks,

Afaq

Views
Helpful
Replies