Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dynamic IP Site-to-site VPN

We have tunnels between 1721 devices and 1721 and Pix 515.

We need to add a new site using ADSL with Dynamic IP.

Appreciate any pointers (or sample) on how to setup site-to-site VPN

without static IP.

Thanks

CC Low

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Dynamic IP Site-to-site VPN

Hi CC,

The following is the Sample for a PIX to Router with Dynamic addresses: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/pix_router_dyn.html

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir

-=-=-

Thanks Aamir.

Referring to the doc (http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/pix_router_dyn.html ), I am still not able to establish the VPN with Dynamic IP.

1) The doc refer to lab environment, where the static IP was used for routing.

I tried using "outside" for the routing but still not able to get it going.

2) I also tested on a 1721 to 1721, where we already have 4 tunnels (with static IPs).

Any other advise?

Thanks

For the static side, you know what to do. The dynamic side you will need to set up for a dynamic DNS. It is a service that you can use that a cliet software running inside and when the ISP changers your IP. The software will o\go out and tell there DNS servers to update. I have not found a way "yet" to termenate a tunnel onto a domain name. Let me know if you find something.

I have found these guys are good: www.no-ip.com But there are alot of others out there. Some never answer to a call or email. Good luck

Phil Muller

The feature to do a LAN-to-LAN VPN connection with a dynamic IP address on the one side is EzVPN design (or Hardware Remote Client for VPN3000 terminology). Configure the branch as an EzVPN client and the Center/HQ as an EzVPN server. There are documents on how to do EzVPN with Cisco (VPN3000/PIX/IOS) on the CCO.

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content