cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic VPN Routing

fireboxpc
Level 1
Level 1

I curently use a PIX 506. We are looking to upgrade to a PIX 515. However, there is an issue I would like to address before we decide exactly what hardware to purchase. We will have, in the near future, 100-200 remote VPN sites all connecting via VPN hardware(PIX or Concentrator) to our main site. What I want to avoid is having to re-configure all of the remote sites if our main site should happen to change it's IP address(our ISP goes under, sells, etc.) I thought of pointing the remotes to a domain name so that the IP could be changed with a registrar, but PIXs and Concentrators aren't able to resolve IPs from a domain name(at least that I know of anyway). If anyone has any ideas on how I might be able to accomplish this, please fire away!! If you want to email me, it's doug@fireboxpc.com. Thank you all for you time.

1 Reply 1

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this currently then to re-enter the IP Address at the Remote sites.

Regards,

Aamir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: