Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dynamic VPN tunnels using PIX

Is it possible to establish dynamic VPN tunnels with PIX, also does it support dynamic routing protocols.

thank you

3 REPLIES

Re: Dynamic VPN tunnels using PIX

1.- yes ... the PIX supports what is called Easy VPN server which allows you to create VPN tunnel with dynamic IP addresses. Basically the client been a remote user or another PIX configured as Easy VPn client need only to have a few intrcutions on its configuration. Once the client communicates with the PIX (easy VPN server ) the tunnel configuration will be pushed down to it.

2.- yes it does support RIP and OSPF

Hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!!

thank you.

Can PIX establish dynamic IPSEC tunnels based on RIP or OSPF routing info

Hi .. I am not too sure what do you mean by Dynamic IPSec tunnels. I meant that you can establish a VPN tunnel with an endpoint which does not have a static IP address .. this could be a remote user running Cisco VPN client or a PIX firewall .. In regards to OSPF please see below ...

The PIX Firewall can learn new routes based on the RIP routing broadcasts, but the PIX

Firewall does not have the functionality to propagate these learned routes to other devices.

With OSPF, the PIX Firewall learns new routes, and it can also propagate that information

to other devices.

I hope it helps ... please rate it if it does !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content