cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynmaic Multipoint VPN

richard_tufaro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im posting to inquire about the new feature introduced in rev 12.2(13)T1 called DMVPN.

Has anyone had any experience configuring it? Good, bad?

I have a scenario where im about to deploy 36 1760 bundles (CISCO1760-VPN/K9) with some 2611XM's and a 7204 at the hub connected to a DS3.

We are going to be using the full CiscoWorks package, including VMS for administration.

So the scenario plays out like this:

36 sites (1760's (with VPN mods) 2611XM's (with VPN mods), All remote sites have 6 usable Internet routable IP's, hub site has a 7204 and 2611XM, the 7204 has a DS3, 2611XM has 2 T1's, HUB site running BGP advertising 2 class C's. All remote office connections will be dumped into a DMZ and ACL’ed to the internal network (PIX is the firewall).

Comments questions? Advice? Welcome.

2 Replies 2

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

It seems that DMVPN and NAT-T dont work together. With both DMVPN and NAT-T in place the hub has problems decrypting traffic. You could configure DMVPN with no NAT-T and all will work well. However, if you need to configure NAT-T, you'll need to consider alternatives to DMVPN.

Did you get this from CISCO or just first hand experience. I am trying a similar setup, but mine involves the hub and spokes behind a NAT device. Any known workarounds to this alleged problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: