cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy VPN with Cisco 837 and VPN 3000 Concentrator

craigjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use a Cisco 837 with EZVPN to connect to a VPN 3000 Concentrator. I'm attempting to authenticate with XAUTH using SDI (SecureID tokens) on the VPN 3000 Concentrator. Establishing the connection is simple enough; I cannot, however authenticate with XAUTH. I am prompted for authentication on the router, but when I input the username and pin w/ token number the connection simply times out. In the release notes for Easy VPN Remote Phase II, is specifies that Interactive Hardware Client Authentication on the VPN 3000 Concentrator is not supported. This is, unfortunately, required for SDI authentication. Is there any plans to add this functionality or a possible workaround for this issue? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SDI support in IOS EzVPN was introduced with 12.2(15)T when EzVPN Phase II was integrated into the T train. You should be able to use it with this version of code.

Thanks. I checked, and unfortunately the 831 (I meant 831 when I typed 837 before) only supports up to 12.2(13)ZH1. Is there any other code I can use that has this functionality in it? If not, when can I expect to see a new version that has this feature? Thanks.

mdoldan
Level 1
Level 1

Don't use EzVPN