cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email notification from CSPM 2.3.3i doesn't seem to work.

JOSH GANT
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured everything correctly per this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/ismg/policy/ver23i/idsguide/ch09.htm

I rebooted the server (which seems to help CSPM 2.3.3i for some reason...), still no emails. I have yet to put a sniffer on the LAN, to see if CSPM is sending to my SMTP server, I wanted to see if someone knows the answer to this:

Should I see the notifications that are sent via email, in the Tools -> View Notifications window?

Any other ideas would be a great help as well.

Thanks!

- Josh

3 Replies 3

danrodri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Josh,

Here is list of a few things to verify.

1) What alarm level did you configure for notification?

2) Are the alarms still reported to the Event Viewer and what are their alarm levels?

3) Did you apply the notification configuration? There is an Apply button in the Configure Notification window.

4) Can the CSPM system communicate with the SMTP server (i.e. can you ping it)?

5) Did you add the SMTP sever to the CSPM Network topology?

You currently do not receive confirmation that the message was delivered--besides the email showing up in your inbox of course.

Hope this helps.

danrodri,

1) I set the severity to medium just for testing. There are plenty of medium severity alarms in the event viewer, and I can trigger a medium with a port scan.

2) Yes, I can port scan a machine, and a medium will show up in the event viewer, but no email will go out.

3) I did click apply.

4) Yes, I can telnet to port 25 on the mail server from the CSPM.

5) I did. The CSPM object is also pointing to this new SNMP host.

When I go to Tools -> View Notifications, nothing is in the window.

Josh,

Sounds like the next thing to try is to sniff the traffic or install a mail server on the CSPM host and see if the e-mail can be delivered.

Nothing should show in in the View Notifications window. CSPM "i" does not use this to view notifications.

Good luck. Sorry I could not help you any further.

BTW, try to save the CSPM database again and see if that helps.

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: