Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

email notification w/sun os 5.6

Hi,

We have director software with a couple of sensors. I want to email the software to be configured to email when there is a level 4/5 alarm. How is this possible? We are using the netrangr 4210/4230 series. Version on the director is sun os 5.6 w/version 2.2.1.1. On the sensor we are running 3.0(3)s14. Also using hp open network node manager. The reason we are doing this is we have 24/7 coverage and we want to move away from that.

Thanks...

2 REPLIES

Re: email notification w/sun os 5.6

* Enable eventd on the Director

* Configure smid to forward the events to eventd

* Configure event processing to send the email notifiction

The following links will be helpful for configuring eventd and e-mail nofication.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids5/csidscog/tasks.htm#25636

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids5/csidscog/advanced.htm#12009

Re: email notification w/sun os 5.6

Did you ever manage to get this working as I am having trouble with our e-mail notification and it's a similar setup to yours. I have enables eventd on the unix director as well as the sensors. I have set up the destinations configuration on the director and changed the event notification to mail to my address. I am getting alarms from the director, but not from the sensors, yet they are trapping alarms on the director.

I have worked through the documentation numerous times and can't see where I have gone wrong. I can telnet to the sensors directly and send a mail to myself via sendmail, but the alarms don't seem to trigger an automatic message to be created??

Views
Helpful
Replies