Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ENABLE NAT IN BOTH DIRECTIONS??

I am not sure if this is possible but i have a problem where i need the address 192.168.1.1 to be translated globally to nat 1 for our internet connection, when this is seen on the inside interface. in the other direction when packets are seen at the outside interface i need to translate 10.30.30.1 to 192.168.1.1 so that i can reach this address from our internal network across the vpn. i have to use nat here as we are already using subnet 192.168.1.0 in our network internally.

so the question is, is there a way around this whereas when 192.168.1.1 is seen on inside interface it uses global nat but when seen on outside interface it can be statically mapped to 10.30.30.1??

thanks

sam

2 REPLIES

Re: ENABLE NAT IN BOTH DIRECTIONS??

I assume you want to achieve the following scenario:

a) 192.168.1.1 nat to 'nat 1' for internet connection (dynamic nat, one way nat)

b) 192.168.1.1 nat to 10.30.30.1 for vpn connection (static nat, two way nat)

If yes, you can implement Policy NAT introduced in PIX 6.3(2). Refer to URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/bafwcfg.htm#1113601

Use 'nat' command for internet connection and 'static' command for vpn connection

Re: ENABLE NAT IN BOTH DIRECTIONS??

at first i thought this was the perfect solution but reading in to it a bit more i am not sure if it will work.

as i have to translate local ip 192.168.1.1 with a destination of any ip address to global ip address 217.37.133.59.

then i also want to translate an inbound outside connection from 10.30.30.1 to 192.168.1.1 also.

this does not seem possible as i can not put a deny statement in the access list for the policy nat.

what do you think?

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies