cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End of life for the 3000vpn series?

dlewis
Level 1
Level 1

I just got done testing the 4.1 beta3 3000 concentrator code on a Cisco 3015 loaner and was about to put in a order for a 3030red. But I noticed a price drop of about 6,000 in the past 3 months on the 3030red. I contacted a vendor about this and he said he heard the 3000vpn series line is close to end of life.

Does anyone know anything about a new line or when the end of life for the 3000 series is?

5 Replies 5

Peter Davis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco has not planned for or announced end-of-sales for the VPN 3000 product family.

The Cisco VPN 3000 remains Cisco's premier Remote Access VPN product family, providing the most advanced feature set for remote connectivity, including IPsec and upcoming clientless capabilities (WebVPN) arriving in the 4.1 release.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Glad to hear.

How do you get the version 4.1 beta ?

You have to have signed up for the program. I am not sure if that is still an option at this time. Testing has been going on for some time now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: