cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 403 - intermittently

szlamany123
Level 1
Level 1

Every now and then I cannot VPN connect to a customer site.

I get error:

Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 403: Unable to contact the security gateway.

VPN client version 4.6.00.0049.

This happened with the prior version as well.

Reboot laptop does not always correct this.

Not sure what the difference is between when it is working and when it will not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

jsuttonctgi
Level 1
Level 1

No answers or assistance for this problem?

I encounter same error message.

Two months - I've almost forgotten that I posted this!

No there has been no answer or response. I was just booting my laptop as I was reading this post - and coincidentally I'm getting that 403 message right now.

I've just now re-booted the laptop - and I've successfully connected - no 403 message this time.

Two boots within 5 minutes of each other. I did nothing on the laptop at all different from the first boot that failed to the second boot that did not fail...

Maybe someone will come along and shed some light on this!

the error message you are getting means that you were not able to communicate with the headend device and can be due to many reasons:

0. What is the headend you are connecting to, is it a pix, vpn 3000 or a router?

1. Internet connectivity failure at either ends. Verify once you get the error message that you can go to the Internet and reach the vpn headend from your laptop as well.

2. You cannot connect to the headend again maybe due to the fact the crypto sa's on the headend are not cleared for your previous session.

3. we will need some logs when the problem occurs, do not reboot the laptop, collect the laptop once this happen and paste it here, lemme have a look and maybe I can shed some more light after that.

as a an after thought maybe you can turn of isakmp keepalive on the headend device!!

I seem to have stumbled upon a solution to this problem for myself.

Also installed on this laptop is a SONIC WALL GLOBAL VPN CLIENT. It sits in the tray on the task bar...

I recently installed the same SONIC WALL VPN on a workstation that never had this CISCO connection problem - and all of a sudden it started getting the same connection problem as the laptop.

Now - when I have this intermittent problem - I simply right-click on the SONIC WALL icon in the sys tray - and EXIT it so that it closes down.

Now my CISCO VPN works - all without reboot.

Apparently they interfere with each other.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: