Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding snmp-server host

I am installing a new ASA5510 running version 8.03 software and using ASDM-603.

When using the ASDM to add snmp-server hosts, most of the ip addresses in the subnet work fine. However, I have two addresses that consistently pop up an error "IP Address conflicts with interface broadcast address"

One of the addresses is 192.168.100.79 and the management interface ip is 192.168.100.252 with a 24 bit mask. It is odd because I can add 192.168.100.78 or 80 just not the 79. BTW, 88 is a second one I have tried and got the same error. I have several in the same subnet that worked just fine.

Anyone know what may cause this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Error adding snmp-server host

This is bug CSCsm15806, where if you have any interface on the ASA configured with a 255.255.255.252 mask, ASDM throws an error when you try and add a snmp-server with a host address that would be a broadcast address with that mask. The interface doesn't matter, it's just if you have any interface with a 255.255.255.252 mask on it.

The bug was only fixed 4 days ago so is not yet in an official release. For the time being, just add the snmp-server via the CLI and you'll be OK, but upgrade to 6.0(4) when you see it on the web site.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This is bug CSCsm15806, where if you have any interface on the ASA configured with a 255.255.255.252 mask, ASDM throws an error when you try and add a snmp-server with a host address that would be a broadcast address with that mask. The interface doesn't matter, it's just if you have any interface with a 255.255.255.252 mask on it.

The bug was only fixed 4 days ago so is not yet in an official release. For the time being, just add the snmp-server via the CLI and you'll be OK, but upgrade to 6.0(4) when you see it on the web site.

Thanks. I had found that I could enter it via CLI and will keep a look out for the new release.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content