Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error: "Unable to determine sensor type..." from Director

All,

I am running Director (2.2.2) on a Solaris system. FOr some of my sensors, when I attempt to configure them, I get an error "unable to determine the sensor type for <hostname here>, check that postofficed and packetd are running."

I checked, and they are running. The sensors are 3.0(2)S11, and I have re-installed them already with no change.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

1 REPLY

Re: Error: "Unable to determine sensor type..." from Director

First thing that I would do is upgrade to 2.2.3. If you are running 2.2.2, then 3.0 is not supported, however, it is under 2.2.2a. None the less, I would suggest upgrading.

If you still have this error, the I would suggest that you rerun sysconfig-sensor on your sensors. Have you edited any of the files on the sensor manually? This could cause a similar error.

Check for any errors that you may have in the /usr/nr/var directory. Do you have any errors.fileXferd or errors.postofficed?

If none of this seems to work, then I would remove the sensor(s) from the database and add them as Newly Initialized sensors.

Pay close attention to what version you have though. As I said above, you cannot configure a 3.0 sensor with 2.2.2. It must be 2.2.2a or 2.2.3

chris

Views
Helpful
Replies