Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error: Socket connect failed (4,111)

I get this error when I try to install SSH host -ket ipaddress

where do I correct the connection problem.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Error: Socket connect failed (4,111)

'ssh host-key' is a command and not something you install. Make sure you are entering it properly. The exact command is described at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2113/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008014a239.html#364512.

The number "111" indicates that the error was caused when the sensor attempted to open a TCP connection to the remote host (TCP SYN), and the remote host refused the connection (TCP RST).

Possible causes for this error include:

The remote host does not have a SSH server listening on port 22.

The remote host is not reachable because of network configuration.

The sensor is not on the remote host's list of allowed hosts.

In case you were wondering, the error numbers that sometimes appear in various evError events as the second number inside parentheses are generic operating system error numbers. If you have access to a Linux 2.4 box, look at the file /usr/include/asm/errno.h for a complete list.

thanks, your right about port 22, when I try to ftp from the sensor to the server

it doesnt work, which is listed as a issue in the upgrade doc. I'm trying to apply the upgrade command followed by the url and file location on the mgt server and it doesnt find the file. The msg returned is pointing to a unix directory usr/......etc. I'm following the instructions from the doc stating to use port 22 if port 21 doesnt work. Im want to apply the upgrade to v4.01(s37).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content