Views
Helpful
Replies

ethernet bridging over VPN

rrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer that is considering the use of WiFi wireless technology to extend their office environment to an adjacent building. However, the technology used to extend the segment may or may not stay WiFi, and could be replaced by optical wireless or leased line. Regardless of the technology used, the customer would like to bridge the two segments so they don't have to invest in the additional infrastructure required to support a routed internal network. Is there any way, with the current set of Cisco VPN products, to bridge an ethernet segment? I've seen the Any Transport over MPLS stuff, which could work, but they want IPSec crypto and would like to keep hardware costs down. They have a 3005 concentrator already and would like to know if a 3002 or another 3005 at the other end would do the job.

Thanks!!!!

Bob

2 Replies 2

Jakko,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think this feature provides the ethernet broadcast forwarding I need to support the Microsoft network protocols.

Thanks!

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: