Views
Helpful
Replies

Everytime I visit a new website I have to

ssumrein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a PIX 515 running on my production network; everything has been working fine until couple of days ago. Users have been complaining that every time they try to visit a website, they get an error message that http:// 404 unknown web site (an error message), however if they press the refresh button, they are able to get in. I've looked at the firewall and found that the primary firewall has been down and the failover (secondary) has taken over. The primary was in failed state and not in a standby state, I've rebooted the fire wall and the primary became active and the secondary status is standby as it should be, however users are still complaining that they have to keep refreshing the website to get in. I even cleared the translation table by using clear Xlate command, unfortunately it didn't help

Help please

1 Reply 1

devam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you using any URL filtering Server like Websense? Is it happening to all the websites or for only few sites? We have observered that some of the websites will timeout if you use the PIX and URL filter server combination.

Did you try using Different type of browser(ie if users are using Internet explorer try with Netscape or viceversa).

Please let me know the results.

Thank you.

Murthy.