cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Examples of custom CTA posture plugins

t3watts33
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of trying to write a custom posture plugin for CTA to check for a process running on the PC. Has anyone else developed a custom posture plugin? If so could you post the example code?

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

The CTA install application is a single executable file. To create a custom installation package, you create a directory structure which includes the desired CTA installation file, .ini files, plugin subdirectories and certificate subdirectories. This directory structure can then be distributed by a software deployment mechanism, such as a script or a software deployment tool. Both silent or wizard-driven installations can be customized.

After the software deployment mechanism distributes the directory structure to the remote network clients, it runs the CTA installation file. The CTA installation file copies the contents of the directory structure to the proper locations on the remote network client. The software deployment mechanism does not need to recompile the CTA installation file to create a custom installation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5923/products_maintenance_guide_chapter09186a008059a95f.html

Thanks for the reply but I'm actually trying to write my own posture plugin to be used with the cta scripting interface. This is how the companies like Symantec, McAfee, etc.... are hooking into the NAC framework. I basically need a custom posture plugin to check for one or 2 application process's on a system.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: