Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2000 front-end and PIX 7.0

mauricioharley
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I'm trying to deploy a solution of webmail using MS Exchange 2000 (front-end and back-end servers). However, I could not install MS EXCH on front-end server (located in DMZ) because it's not reaching the domain controller on INSIDE.

I read all MS documentation about installing this type of program, but it didn't solve my problem.

What must I have to put on PIX settings to permit my Front-end server to reach the DC on the inside network?

I appreciate your help.

P.S: My PIX is 515E and using 7.0 version

5 Replies 5

Hello :

This articles on subject should serve as a guide.

They are from a previous version but the configuration is practically the same.

Post some more info on your particular project, ip addresess, actual pix configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008017278f.html

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/ product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/config/msexchng.pdf

Hope this helps ...

Federico,

I appreciate your help. However, the documents you were referencing suppose that I already istalled MS Exchange. I didn't do it yet. I need a help exactly on this point, that is, how to install Exchange in front-end configuration if PIX is between it and the Back-end Exchange server. I guess there is something like a script. Do you have some other reference?

Thanks,

Mauricio

Hello

I am sorry I can not help you with that script you mention to install Exchange service.

I believe that particular issue is out of the scope of this forum.

Have a great day !

melvynbrown
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i had exactly the same problem but it is really quite easy to sort out let me have your email address and i will email you back with an attachment that will explain fully what you have to do

regards

melvyn brown

Melvyn,

I appreciate your help but, in fact, I already solved my problem. It was related to an Exchange configuration involving Active Directory sites. I put the Exchange front-end server inside the correct AD site and everything was ok.

By the way, if you can, please, send the document to this address: superharley@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card