Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Exchange 2000 front-end and PIX 7.0

Dear friends,

I'm trying to deploy a solution of webmail using MS Exchange 2000 (front-end and back-end servers). However, I could not install MS EXCH on front-end server (located in DMZ) because it's not reaching the domain controller on INSIDE.

I read all MS documentation about installing this type of program, but it didn't solve my problem.

What must I have to put on PIX settings to permit my Front-end server to reach the DC on the inside network?

I appreciate your help.

P.S: My PIX is 515E and using 7.0 version

• Other Security Subjects
5 REPLIES

Re: Exchange 2000 front-end and PIX 7.0

Hello :

This articles on subject should serve as a guide.

They are from a previous version but the configuration is practically the same.

Post some more info on your particular project, ip addresess, actual pix configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008017278f.html

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/ product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/config/msexchng.pdf

Hope this helps ...

Federico,

I appreciate your help. However, the documents you were referencing suppose that I already istalled MS Exchange. I didn't do it yet. I need a help exactly on this point, that is, how to install Exchange in front-end configuration if PIX is between it and the Back-end Exchange server. I guess there is something like a script. Do you have some other reference?

Thanks,

Mauricio

Hello

I am sorry I can not help you with that script you mention to install Exchange service.

I believe that particular issue is out of the scope of this forum.

Have a great day !

hi

i had exactly the same problem but it is really quite easy to sort out let me have your email address and i will email you back with an attachment that will explain fully what you have to do

regards

melvyn brown

Melvyn,

I appreciate your help but, in fact, I already solved my problem. It was related to an Exchange configuration involving Active Directory sites. I put the Exchange front-end server inside the correct AD site and everything was ok.

By the way, if you can, please, send the document to this address: superharley@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies