Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Facing problem in confiruing 2 External Networks

Hi,

Mine is a PIX 501 Firewall. I am having a Cisco 1751 Series router. At present running with one Internet Connection, in order to go for redundancy we have taken one more new Internet connection. It is having of ipaddresss xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. But when i am trying to configure ethernet2 it is saying "Could not recognize hardware identifier "ethernet2" ". ethernet0 is being used for inside and ethernet1 is being used for the exising Internet Connection.

Could anybody can suggest me in which way i could proceed further.

Thank you

3 REPLIES

Re: Facing problem in confiruing 2 External Networks

If you're talking about the PIX 501, it only ever has two physical interfaces, e0 (outside) and e1 (inside).

If the router is on the outside interface of the PIX, you could install another WAN Card in the router and confgiure some kind of backup routing for the second internet/WAN connection.

Hi,

My Router is outside the interface of the PIX, and recently i installed WIC 2T Card on my router. I am able to access Internet from the second Connection if i gives a Public IP to my System. But i am unable to access the internet from LAN.

Thank you

A pix 501 only supports two interfaces. Inside and outside.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content