cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed logins to PIX506e from Win98 clients on DSL

waltb123
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason, my Windows 98 clients cannot log into our PIX to gain access to our lan. I believe I read something about your dial-up networking settings being passed to the PIX. I fixed that originally on clients using a dial up connection on standard phone line, but now I am trying the same thing using a DSL connection and cant login. II've tried putting the domain name and username as the entire username as "Domain/Username" as shown, and other variants with no luck. I also made sure the workgroup of the client was equal to our internal domain name. What am I missing now? Thanks for any help. - Walt

3 Replies 3

afakhan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Make sure that you have "Client for MS Networks" installed under TCP/IP properties on Win98, and configure it for the domain-name(remote domain), and then reboot the machine, once machine comes back up, it would ask for the userid/passwd/domain prompt, Igone it, and then launch vpn client, once connection proceeds, it would ask the same thing(userid/passwd/domain) , this time enter credentials valid for the remote PDC (domain), and then once logged in, you should be able to use Network Neighborhood etc. just fine.

Let me know.

Thx

Afaq

I have the Win98 box setup as the same domain name in Network Neighborhood as is in our office network. I have MS-client for MS networks installed and set the checkbox to login to the domain. When I boot the machine and am asked to login to the domain, I hit cancel. I open DUN and click my VPN connection shortcut. I try the same username and password that I can connect to tPIX successfully on my Win XP machine and I get an error 691 "The computer you have dialed in to has denied access because the username and/or password is invalid on the domain".

I have the Win98 box setup as the same domain name in Network Neighborhood as is in our office network. I have MS-client for MS networks installed and set the checkbox to login to the domain. When I boot the machine and am asked to login to the domain, I hit cancel. I open DUN and click my VPN connection shortcut. I try the same username and password that I can connect to tPIX successfully on my Win XP machine and I get an error 691 "The computer you have dialed in to has denied access because the username and/or password is invalid on the domain".