Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Failed to make directory "/usr/nr/33-update"

I tried extracting package 23 onto a new 4210 and this error keeps coming up and I don't know what it means. What do I need to do to get past this and get the package installed.

Thanks,

Chris

1 REPLY

Re: Failed to make directory "/usr/nr/33-update"

I am guessing that you mean that you were trying to install the 3.1(2)S23? This update is a service pack and is quite large. I believe it is somewhere around 117MG.

Take a look at where you placed this file on the sensor, normally in /usr/nr/tmp. Run a 'ls -la *bin'. What is the size of this file? If it is not VERY close to 117Meg, then I would say that you need to download the file again, because it is quite possible that you did not get the entire download.

If this still does not resolve the issue, the you will want to 'su' to root on the sensor and run the 'fsck' command. This may resolve any errors that you have.

Also, you should have received a recovery CD with your sensor. Worst case, reimage your sensor with the CD and then apply the service pack again. Again, make sure that the file you downloaded is the correct size that you see it on CCO.

If you are still having issues after the above exercises, please contact the TAC for assistance.

Thanks.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content