Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Failover a VPN - Tunnel

Hi everybody,

is there a possibility to automatically reconnect a vpn tunnel after a PIX failover has occurred ?

Thanks

Robert

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Failover a VPN - Tunnel

Hi Robert,

If you are using IKE keepalives, the other side of the tunnel should be able to find out that the remote peer is dead, and it should failover to the other pix

Hope that helps

Jazib

Re: Failover a VPN - Tunnel

Hi Jazib,

thanks for the fast replay ! However this does not really help me. I am using GRE for switching to ISDN when the Tunnel completely fails. That works fine so far, but when I manually switch to the failover PIX the symptom is as follows: the primary PIX is still alive with it´s outside Interface but now with the wrong ( failover ) address ! The remote peer is now endless getting invalid sa over´s .

I hope this describes my problem a bit better.

Any Help ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Robert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content