Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Failover and load balance w/ 1700's and vpn 3000

I have remote sites with Cisco 1711's currently using ezvpn and reverse injection routes to establish a connection with a Cisco 3000 VPN Concentrator in our primary hub.

I have added another Cisco 3000 VPN Concentrator to our secondary hub.

What I would like to do is to setup the 1711's to be load balanced between the two concentrators.

Also, if one concentrator fails then the 1711's will create a tunnel to the second concentrator and use that until the primary is back up.

Can this be done? Any whitepapers that illustrate this? Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Failover and load balance w/ 1700's and vpn 3000

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_white_paper09186a00801ee19a.shtml#wp1052316

Use DPDs to detect a dead peer so that you can flap over the VPN. The 2 VPN Concentrators can be connected on LAN. Have a Routing Protocol across them to a router where ur LAN will sit and which will choose the best path

Community Member

Thanks! The whitepaper was perfect. Does it matter that the VPN concentrators sit on different LANs?

Silver

That should not be a concern at all as RRI and DPD are specific to a destination. However your routing protocol if any you will have to extend it to properly for the fallback

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content