Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover ASA 5520

cisco7889
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have two ASA 5520 and i wonder if the following failover configuration is possible. Can i use the management 100 FE interface for sharing regular and stateful failover. If so we have 4 Gigabit interface to use for other tasks. Or do i have to use one of the gigabit interfaces for the failover function to work.

/Regards Jonny

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

CSS 11501 and CSS 11503 - A maximum of 256 VLANs per CSS and 64 VLANs per port (FE or GE)

CSS 11506 - A maximum of 512 VLANs per CSS and 64 VLANs per port (FE or GE)

Use the bridge vlan command to specify a VLAN and associate it with the specified Ethernet interface. Enter an integer from 1 to 4094 as the VLAN identifier. The default is 1. All interfaces are assigned to VLAN1 by default

jforbis
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that you can. You will have to go into the adsm and uncheck the box that says 'use this interface for management only" on the Management0/0 interface. I have setup failover on a pair of 5520's but I used g0/4 not the mgmt interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card