cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover Config Question

r.banez
Level 1
Level 1

I have PIX 515E-UR and PIX 515E-FO. The two are connected via failover cable.

To configure the failover between the 2 PIX how many interfaces do I need? Both have 2 ethernet port with parallel connection to the private and public networks. I noticed in most config documents in cisco.com that I need to configure a third interface for the stateful configuration. Is this true? or I can only work with Active and Standby state?

Can somebody give me a sample config just a few lines where I would configure the interfaces and the failover.

thanks.

2 Replies 2

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

If you want stateful failover, you need to dedicate an interface on each pix, and put them on the same hub/switch (you cannot interconnect them with a crossover cable)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094ea7.shtml

has all you would ever need to know on it.

We cannot really give a sample config until you decide if dedicating interfaces to stateful failover is worth it to you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: