cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Filter limitation on VPN3000 (Is it a bug or specification ???)

engel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear All,

According to Bug ID CSCdw86558 , number of filter that is allowed to be created on a VPN3000`s internal is limited to "100" for all of VPN3000 series. Does anyone have any informations when this bug will be fixed ? Any consideration to up the limit or is it already in the road-map for future release ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Engel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This bug has already been resolved in code versions 3.5.3 and higher. All 3.6.x codes should have it included. They simply removed the check from the code, so you can now have more than 100 and it won't complain. There's no practical limit now on how many filters you can have.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This bug has already been resolved in code versions 3.5.3 and higher. All 3.6.x codes should have it included. They simply removed the check from the code, so you can now have more than 100 and it won't complain. There's no practical limit now on how many filters you can have.

Thanks for the information ! That solve our headache if it limited to hundred. Please allow me to verify one thing, did the limitation is the number of "filter" or the number of "rule" ? The Bug ID states that it is the number of filter. I am wondering that they means it is the number of "rule".

Really appreciate for your help.

Best Regards,

Engel

I downgraded to v3.1.3 and we can verify the bug. With a v3.1.3 loaded we are not allowd to create more than 100 filters. Number of "rules" doesn`t affected by this bug.

Regards,

Engel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: