Views
Helpful
Replies

Filtering Tab Window in nrConfigure on Unix Director

brenden
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all again!

I have problems configuring filters (i.e. Add and Modify) through my Xwindows server (which by the way is Exceed 7.0).

The boxes seem to be truncated, and I cannot open, touch, or do anything except click on the Exclude or Include buttons. Any suggestions? I really need this to work for my group to be able to use it remotely.

Thanks,

Brenden

10 Replies 10

robert.mcclain
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem using Xcursion from Compaq and X-32 from StarNet. Only happens on my WinNT 4.0 box.

If I use this with Win2K I see all the fields. I posted alittle while back about this. See Nov 16th posts.

brenden
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Cisco personnel: See there's a major problem with 3 different programs in displaying that window! We didn't have a problem until you guys went to 3.0.

Maybe this needs some more serious looking at. Pretty please?

Thanks.

I work for the sensor development team, but I'll pass the request on to the Unix Director development team.

As another point of view...

I'm using KEA X and running 2.2.3 S11 Director and 3.02 S11 Sensors and do NOT have any problems as described.

Here's some more information that the engineers have passed on to me:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new filter window uses swing ui components which works well with ReflectionX + Win 2k/NT combination.

We have just downloaded the Evaluation copy of the Exceed software and investigating in the problem.

The following may help the customer to overcome the problem,

1. Invoking the nrConfigure from the CDE invoked through Exceed XDMCP Display manager.

2. Resizing the filter dialog to larger size.

we are further evaluating the problem.

Thank you :-)

I will try that and see.

One more thing,

It also happens in Exceed 6.2 as well.

brenden
Level 1
Level 1

Weird thing is --

After I did modifying of signatures, and other stuff, my fonts changed in Exceed.

The filtering window then worked properly. This has happened before (I remember this now) and then after that it would change back and not work.

I'm not sure what's going on, but it does need to be looked at because I know it will go away again. As I tried this on Exceed 6.2 and then 7.0 (two different machines) with same results, it's got to be something else if it now works on both machines..

but temporarily.

brenden
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the resize of the window, and it appeared better. This apparently has to do with the size of the window and parameters. However, I had to maximize the window up to nearly 1024 pixel height size. Somehow maybe the swing ui doesn't resize properly when the window is made smaller? The font i had was much bigger than the one it is at now (miraculously changed by itself to the proper size.... and thus made it work)

Thanks for the information. I will pass it on to the developers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: