Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall blocking a particular site

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem with 501 firewall IOS 6.1(1) .. We have establishd a VPN connection to a network with address 156.135.0.0 and its working fine...

the problem is that when i try to open the site that is on ip address 156.135.x.x then its not opening but if i m opening it bypassing firewall its opening..any Idea....?

I have tried to block IP for the specific IP addres...but still its not working...

Plz help me to troubleshoot this

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Firewall blocking a particular site

just wondering if you are referring to a lan-lan vpn, and the remote net is 156.135.0.0.

apparently 156.135.0.0 belongs to public segment, and it shouldn't be used as private subnet scheme. anyhow, assuming your office has a lan-lan vpn with subnet 156.135.0.0, then your office will not be able to access the real 156.135.0.0 subnet, which is legitimate.

Hi Jackko,

Thanks for reply,

Its lan2lan vpn connection with remote peer is on 156.135.x.x address. the site is situaed in this subnet with 156.135.x.y address.

I am able to open it beyond firewall but not inside firewall..in configuration of firewall i have permitted the ip traffic from 156.135.0.0...

any solution?

Gold

please post the configs.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content