cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall Router Incompatiblity?

mnetcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased a PIX 501 Firewall appliance. I configured it in a lab setting and everything worked as I expected, however, when I connected it to our router I was not able to access the internet from our webserver, and our webserver was not accessible from the internet. I am using a Lucent ConnectReach router provided by my ISP. I had them clear the ARP, thinking that was perhaps the problem. It is not a very complicated configuration as I am just trying to set up access to everything first. I have attached my configuration. Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

Have you configured your Lucent Router to forward all web traffic to the private IP 192.168.100.3 ?

Your config is ok but you are using private IPs on the outside interface and not public ones. That kind of IP addresses are not reachable from the Internet.

Might be good to investigate the Network address translation settings on the Lucent Router.

sincerely

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: