Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Firewall Services Module and msfx on a hybrid catos - ios 6500

Hi together,

my problem is, that I can never find how to configure a firewall services module on a catos switch in combination with the msfc. For native IOS there are several examples but for CATOS there is only the Layer 2 part mentioned and also that there must be a single secured Vlan Interface connection between msfc and Firewall services module. But I can nowhere find how to configure it.

If I use the "set vlan {vlans} firewall-vlan {mod}"- command the switch is complaining for those vlans already configured on the msfc!

Does anybody have a working Configuration for hybrid Cat6K for both the Switch and the msfc?

Thanks in advance

Horst

• Other Security Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Firewall Services Module and msfx on a hybrid catos - ios 65

What version of CatOS are you running?

This link should help (if you haven't seen it already)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080159cac.html

Regards,

bryan

I need samples too for CatOS 3DES version 7.6.1.

Can you give us more hints?

Hi bryan,

thanks for your soon answer.

CATOS is 7.6 . The link I already knew.

I already used the CATOS comand "set vlan vlan_list firewall-vlan module".

But the switch doesn´t do this for vlans already created on the MSFC.

Then I read somewhere that there is 1 SVI (secure vlan Interface)-Connection between MSFC and FWSM possible but nowhere I can see how to create/configure this connection.

All Examples show how to do it with native IOS-Switches and there is just to create a "interface vlan x" but this I already have on the msfc and this is just what the CATOS is complaining about.

Any hints?

regards

Horst

p.s.

The catalyst is a production system, so I have no chance to play on it for hours. Therefor I need someone who maybe already confihured what I want to.

For all who may experience this problem.

Teh solution is to first schutdown the vlan-interface in the msfc then go to catos an type "set vlan vlan_list firewall-vlan module".

After that you can switch to the msfc an "no shut" the vlan-Interface and it will work.

As for all problems I asked in this forum I had to solve it by myself just waiting for the first useful answer....

regards Horst

Views
Helpful
Replies