cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fixed IP Address connecting using VPN Client

rsoave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everbody. I am using a VPN Client when I estabilish a VPN Tunnel with a 1600 Router, and I have a question.

Can I assign a Fixed IP address in client, instead the router send to client random addresses?

Can I it would make this??

It would be in VPN client configuration, or in router configuration?

If yes, as I make this?

Do I need other tool, or another software or hardware to do this???

any help is hope..

thanx....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I don't think there is an easy way to accomplish this.

However, if you create a different groupname for the user who needs a static ip address, I think you should be good to go

So what you need to do is, create a new pool of addresses. Make the start and stop ip address to be the same ( this is the address that you would want to assign to the VPN user)

Configure another ipsec group on the router, and link the new pool to this group

Have your VPN client connect to this group

Hope that helps

Jazib

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I don't think there is an easy way to accomplish this.

However, if you create a different groupname for the user who needs a static ip address, I think you should be good to go

So what you need to do is, create a new pool of addresses. Make the start and stop ip address to be the same ( this is the address that you would want to assign to the VPN user)

Configure another ipsec group on the router, and link the new pool to this group

Have your VPN client connect to this group

Hope that helps

Jazib

Thanx Jazib, its help me so much.

This was really a easy solution.

Best Regards, God bless you..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: