cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FIXUP SMTP --> MS Exchange

maik.behley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have a problem with the PIX MailGuard Feature. When i have this feature enabled, then i can't send mail with SMTP Auth.

It's a bug or a feature? ;-)

Plan cisco a implementation for MS-Exchange with SMTP Auth?

3 Replies 3

tcross3
Level 1
Level 1

You have to turn off fixup on the pix then you can use smtp auth. It is enabled by default.

Yes, i know this solution but now i have no MailGuard. I found this is a security hole. SMTP Traffic is an ideal point for attacks. I think tha cisco must plan in the next pix release the implementation for MS Exchange. Checkpoint has a integrated MailGuard Feature for MS Exchange and post it to their users. This is not a success story for cisco.

Support for ESMTP has certainly been discussed and will make it into a future release. A sure way to give it higher priority is to ask your account team to push this for you, the more customers that the developers see asking for a particular new feature, the quicker it gets in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: