Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP Aborted when transfering file through VPN3000

engel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear all,

I get the following message on VPN3000`s log when trying to download a file from a FTP server inside of the protected network :

"Error 0x2003 when getting file information"

The VPN3000`s version is 3.0.3.

I tried bug tools kit, and get some FTP bug but all is on version 1 or version 2 of the VPN 3000.

Any info would be appreciate.

Regards.

3 Replies 3

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you try to set the mtu on the vpn client to 1400? What is the connection method you are using, dsl (if so what PPPoE software), dial up or cable modem.

engel
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The aborted FTP download does not happen on a VPN client. Sorry not to be clear about the network, let me try again, please bear with me.

Internal PC-----Site A VPN3K -------Internet--------Site B VPN3K

1. From an internal PC at Site A, trying to download a log file from Site B VPN3K through its Administration -> File Management -> Action -> View.

Got an error :"Error 0x2003 when getting file information".

2. At Site B VPN3K, enable the FTP server inside the VPN3000. From internal PC at Site A, log-in to FTP server inside Site B`s VPN3000, and download the log file. PC A could not finish the download because the FTP server aborted it half-way.

The above are problems that we have. Any info would be verry appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hi All,

After several trying to download a file from VPN3K FTP server, I got some result that can pinpoint the download problem.

Win2K Pro ---> Download fail, FTP aborted (error code 426).

Win2K Server ----> Download fail, FTP aborted (error code 426).

Win 98 2nd ed. -----> Download success.

Linux -------> Download success.

Solaris 8 -----> Download success.

I am having all sniffer data of the above each OS while downloading a file from VPN3K FTP server. My conclusion is this problem happen only on Windows 2000 OSes. Seems like the TCP/IP stack on Win2000 doesn`t have any good relation with VPN3K TCP/IP implementation.

Does anyone have the same experience ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: