Views
Helpful
Replies

ftp access problem

izcan.umit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently tested FTP server (Microsoft) in our local network, and didn't have any problems connecting to the server with the created users.

Now I am able to connect to the server and log on, but I can't transfer data or list directories on the remote server.

I assume it has something to do with our firewall(asa5510) our natted network environment. The FTP server is behind a firewall and a different public ip address. Our local network, from where I am trying to connect from is connected to the internet through a router and is using nat.

I am running FTP on port 20 and port 21 in the firewall

In the log below, I assume the trouble is in this line:

COMMAND:> PORT 192,168,1,48,12,231

the local ip of the client, from where I am trying to connect to the ftp server. there is no problem.

Is the problem caused by me being on a natted network, and if so, how do I solve this?

hope somebody can help me here

Best regards,

Umit

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

varakantam
Level 1
Level 1

I believe it has more to do with "ftp inspect" rather than NAT configuration. What kind of access lists and service policy are you using ? Can you enable ftp fixup and try again ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

varakantam
Level 1
Level 1

I believe it has more to do with "ftp inspect" rather than NAT configuration. What kind of access lists and service policy are you using ? Can you enable ftp fixup and try again ?

Dear varakantam,

thanks, after i can enable ftp fixup and try again, its OK,

umit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: