cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM 2.3(3)

rschwendeman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a FWSM ver 2.3(3) which is licensed for 50 security context. I have looked at the PDF, on how to change from single to multiple mode. It takes the command and reboots the blade the problem is that when it comes back up it is still in single mode. Is there a step I am missing to get the FWSM into multiple mode. Even if it was a license issue, from what the PDF states I should still be able to add 2 context to the box, which I cannt do. The box does not know the context command, which I believe is the happening because it is not switching out of single mode.

2 Replies 2

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

It sounds weird, but try entring your 50-virtual firewall license before you enable the multiple mode:

FWSM(config)# activation-key

FWSM(config)# mode multiple

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_module_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802c6418.html#wp1036419

Rgds,

AK

I have tried that, but the only activation key I have is the one that is loaded on the system. Since it was all ordered at the once, the activation key has the 50 context. I tried to reload the activation key again, but it does not change since it is the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: