cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM - local login

m-poole
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured a 6500 FWSM module in transparent mode with multiple contexts and SSH is used to login.

Unfortunately I'm struggling with the easy bit - I've created a local username/psasword with privilege level 15 but the only username the FWSM will accept to log into a context is pix/cisco. If I want to login with my username I then have to enter "login" and use the local username/password.

Is this normal operation? Is it even possible to configure the FWSM using anything but pix as the initial username?

I can't delete the pix login either, this seems like a risky backdoor to keep open.

Cheers.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

This is an usual & normal behaviour with FWSM module ,if you want to change the password the FWSM module then would suggest to change with passwd command in the FWSM and the enable password too can be changed using enable passwd command..

regds

Hi,

I did the same setup on FWSM (transparent+multiple context), and did not have any issue accessing the blade.

All users are configured locally. The 'aaa authentication & authorization' also point to LOCAL.

Rgds,

AK

Thanks, we worked out what we were doing wrong this morning....

We have a redundant FWSM in another chassis which we "thought" we had disconnected.

I was making changes on the primary (which should have been the only one in the network) unfortunately we missed a redundant link and devices had connectivity to both FWSMs and both thought they were primary - I was making changes to one, unfortunately the SSH clients were connecting to the other.

Once we sorted this out we were able to login using our local usernames and passwords, username pix was then disabled. The configuration was exactly as in the doc CD.

aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL

username xxx password yyy privilege 15

Thanks for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: